Which relative would I invite to dinner?
Oh boy! This was a tough one. There are plenty of people in my family tree I’d love to have over from dinner and conversation. Narrowing down my prospects wasn’t easy. I decided to pick someone from my Dad’s side of the tree since I picked Mom’s side last week.
Soon, I will be highlighting my immigrant ancestors here on the blog. That means you’ll be hearing more about George Thorward. I picked him for this prompt because I know he has some stories to tell. I have so many questions for him.
- Was his name really George Thorward… George Yohn? Johann Georg Weigel?
- Did you emigrate from Germany for political reasons?
- Did you and your brother really make up your name and then go in different directions?
- Were you close to your siblings?
- How many siblings did you have?
- Did you all immigrate?
- Why did you come to America so young?
- What happened to your parents?
- Did you share your immigration story with your children or was it a secret?
I can honestly say if George were still around there would be plenty of questions from me and his other descendants!