Mystery Monday: The Return August 23rd, 2010
Things I know about this picture
- My Grandfather is the young child front and center. The older girl is holding him up.
Things I want to know about this picture
- Who are the other children?
- If they are related, which side of the family are they from? William’s? Llewellyn’s?
- If it is through Llewellyn, then is it through the Thorwards or the Loves?
- It could be a collection of children from different families, a family reunion maybe?
Mystery Monday is an ongoing series I’m doing to showcase the photos I am having problems identifying. I hope one day someone will land on the site and recognize a relative!
Mystery Monday: #005 July 19th, 2010
Things I Know about this tintype picture:
- It is connected through my Dad’s side of the family (Moore/Thorward/New Jersey/immigrants).
- It doesn’t seem to be a Thorward.
Things I want to know about this picture:
- If the other tintype mystery is as I think, the Moore brothers, could this be their father William H Moore?
Mystery Monday: #004 July 12th, 2010
Another Monday, Another Mystery picture.
What I Know:
- Clifford Herbert Redford (my great-grandfather) is sitting in the front row on the left.
- The back of this picture has Clifford’s name and William Herbert Moore
- No one in the family believes that Moore is connected to our Moores. I beg to differ. There are no coincidences.
- It would be Clifford’s daughter, a Redford, who would marry my grandfather, a Moore.
What I Want to Know:
- Is this William Herbert Moore related to my Moores? Since I don’t believe in coincidences, I find it hard to believe the William H Moore coincidence. If I’m right and my William H Moore had brothers who moved to America with him, wouldn’t it make sense if there was another line of Moores living in Essex County? Maybe that’s the reason my William retired to Caldwell, New Jersey. Maybe he had family close.
- Who are the others? Are these school buddies? Work buddies? It does certainly look like a bunch of guys having a bit of fun for the afternoon, dressing up.
Mystery Monday: #003 July 5th, 2010
This is actually a tin-type photo. There is nothing to really go on as to who is in the photo. After finding this photo of Robert Moore’s family around 1910-ish, I started thinking maybe Robert is the guy sitting on the right. Robert had two brothers, so maybe it is him, with his two brothers. I might never be sure.
Mystery Monday: #002 Who’s the Lady? June 28th, 2010
Today’s Mystery Monday centers around this fine lady. I first noticed her in my first Scan-Go-Round. I noticed probably about 4 copies of the picture on the right. Then in my second Scan-Go-Round, I finally found a face front shot of her.
Things I know about this picture:
- Is not Josephine Doremus.
- Most likely a woman connected to the Thorward side of the family.