I worked quite a bit yesterday on my maternal lines. The only drawback is it burned me out a little bit on researching. So I decided to switch to my paternal line, and just kind of observe it in pedigree format in FTM2012.
Here are some things I’ve noticed:
- Josephine Doremus is the only one of my 3rd great grandparents that wasn’t an immigrant. All others that are listed were born in other countries
- The missing spots in my 3rd great grandparents aren’t immigrants… at least I don’t think. I have possible parents for both Jennie Featherson and Sarah/Sadie Sutcliffe, just no paper trail yet.
- My Moore line is completely Irish.
- My Thorward line is a quarter German, a quarter ?, and half Scottish.
- My Redford line is half English and half ?.
- My Parkin line is half English and half ?.
- All the known immigrant ancestors on my paternal line were all here before 1875.
- This entry has been sitting idle for 45 minutes because I’m watching Ugly Betty on Netflix Streaming.
- I probably shouldn’t “work” in a room with a TV, much less one with Instant Streaming capabilities.
- Featherson and Sutcliffe don’t sound like normal names. They’re not exactly Thorward, if you get my drift, but they aren’t Moore or Johnson either.