Making some Observations January 27th, 2012
I worked quite a bit yesterday on my maternal lines. The only drawback is it burned me out a little bit on researching. So I decided to switch to my paternal line, and just kind of observe it in pedigree format in FTM2012.
Here are some things I’ve noticed:
- Josephine Doremus is the only one of my 3rd great grandparents that wasn’t an immigrant. All others that are listed were born in other countries
- The missing spots in my 3rd great grandparents aren’t immigrants… at least I don’t think. I have possible parents for both Jennie Featherson and Sarah/Sadie Sutcliffe, just no paper trail yet.
- My Moore line is completely Irish.
- My Thorward line is a quarter German, a quarter ?, and half Scottish.
- My Redford line is half English and half ?.
- My Parkin line is half English and half ?.
- All the known immigrant ancestors on my paternal line were all here before 1875.
- This entry has been sitting idle for 45 minutes because I’m watching Ugly Betty on Netflix Streaming.
- I probably shouldn’t “work” in a room with a TV, much less one with Instant Streaming capabilities.
- Featherson and Sutcliffe don’t sound like normal names. They’re not exactly Thorward, if you get my drift, but they aren’t Moore or Johnson either.
This entry was posted on Friday, January 27th, 2012 at 1:34 pm and is filed under All Posts, Families, Family File Hijinks, I Like Lists, Love Family, Menzies Family, Misadventures of a Genealogist, Moore Family, Parkin Family, Redford Family, Thorward Family. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.