Things I know about this photo:
- This photo is obviously someone from the Moore/Thorward side of my tree.
- This photo was taken at the studio of F.L. Huff in Newark, NJ
- This photo was taken in the late 1800s early 1900s
Things I think I know about this photo:
- I have no reason for believing that I’m right, but I think this could be Llewellyn.
Things I want to know about this photo:
- Is this in fact Llewellyn?
- When was this picture taken?
- I’m going to research more about F.L. Huff and how long exactly he was in business. I did a little searching around and found a pdf on early New Jersey photography1 This gives me reason to believe Huff could have been just starting up around 1869. He is listed in the 1870 US Census2 as being 27 and from New York. Hopefully if I learn more about his business I can narrow down who this baby could be.
- http://gary.saretzky.com/photohistory/resources/photo_in_nj_July_2010.pdf ↩
- 1870 United States Census. Newark Ward 10, Essex, New Jersey. Page 362A. Dwelling 654, Family 959 ↩